Somerset County residents seeking relief from the intense heat in the coming days can visit the following locations to stay cool:
Princess Anne Library (11767 Beechwood St., Princess Anne), 10 a.m. – 6:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Call 410-651-0852.
Crisfield Library (100 Collins St., Crisfield) 10 a.m. – 6:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Call 410-968-0955.
Residents should take their own food, beverages, and medications to the cooling centers. Pets are not allowed.
The Somerset County Emergency Management and the Somerset County Health Department urge area residents to take the heat seriously and to take appropriate steps to stay safe. Here are some tips to stay cool:
- Drink more water than usual
- Avoid alcohol and beverages with high amount of sugar
- Stay in the shade
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing
- Take cool showers or baths
- Test your generator to see if it’s ready for use. Be sure to have sufficient fuel
and supplies in case of a power outage. Never use a generator inside your